Blog Post #324
It’s Monday and when do you need motivation more than Monday morning?
And the best motivation? A steaming mug of delicious cup of joe!
Make the perfect cup of coffee
I usually make my coffee in a French press — it’s easy and so good — strong and black. The best morning jolt! But lately I’ve been brewing my Monday motivation by the pour-over method. To be honest — this might just be my new preferred method. Try it out, taste for yourself.
To brew two big mugs, use 5 tablespoons of coffee and 16 ounces of water.
Total brew time: 3 to 5 minutes
- Boil the water in a kettle. Place a cone dripper lined with a paper filter, that has been rinsed with hot water, on a mug or a carafe.
- Grind the beans to medium coarseness. Place ground coffee in the dampened filter.
- Wait ten seconds for the water to settle after its boils, then slowly pour just enough hot water into the filter to saturate all the grounds.
- Wait for the coffee to “bloom” about 30 seconds.
- Pour more water to an inch above the grounds. Wait until the water trickles through the cone. Repeat until you have the desired amount of brewed coffee in your carafe.
- Savour the delicious drink!