Blog Post #7
What’s in my purse? I’m not sure that you really want to know.
I was racking my brains for something to write for today’s blog post — frantically tearing my hair out trying to come up with some kind of a topic — when I noticed my handbag innocently sitting on a chair. I thought, what if I dumped the contents out, took a photo and wrote a post about the contents of my bag? Eureka! I had thought of such a unique blog article! Wrong – it’s already been done!!
I just found out that this topic — what’s in your bag? What’s in your purse? — is a kind of a thing on the web. I found so many sites with this theme! Who knew? I guess I missed that boat!
Well, I had already upended my purse and the contents lay in a heap on the floor AND I still hadn’t thought of a better topic. So… here’s a little glimpse of the real me — or at least, a peek inside my real purse!
- A book. I always have one in my bag. I never know when I’ll get a chance to get a little reading in! This one is Undermajordomo Minor by Patrick deWitt.
- An apple. Emergency snack?
- Keys. Well, everyone has keys in their purse!
- Cell phone. Yup!
- Itty bitty measuring tape. You know, for measuring stuff!
- A lab requisition form. Ahh, yes… gotta get that done!
- A little case. For safekeeping receipts.
- A hairbrush. Hey, I didn’t know that was in there!
- A memory stick. I might need to copy something…
- Cheques?? Can’t remember the last time I wrote a cheque!!
- Card pouch. (along wth a kajillion cards: debit card, credit cards, id, several points cards, etc.)
- Three Lottery tickets! Hmm.…maybe I’m a millionaire right now!
- A five dollar bill. Cash — who uses cash these days?
- A book mark. See number 1.
- Another bookmark!!?
- A coaster. I slipped it into my purse while at a restaurant.
- Sunglasses. Purse essential. Even in Vancouver.
- Small coin purse. And coins.
- A little moleskin. To write notes in.
- Three teeny oranges. I better eat those!!
- Phone charger. So I can always call/text you.
- Various business cards — some are mine! (I obviously need a card case)
- Lots of pens. To write in the little moleskine (see #19)
- $1.25 Gloves. My hands get cold!!
- My Compass card. (I use public transit).
- Point & Shoot Camera. Say “Cheese”!
- Exhibitor’s nametag for the BC Home + Garden Show
- Ikea receipt. Why isn’t this in my little receipt case?? (see #7)
- Pay stub.
- Crumpled bits of paper. Probably receipts — they should be in that receipt case…
- Hand cream. It smells so good and makes my hands feel so soft.
That’s everything (right now!) and it all lives in my purse pretty much as you see it here. Maybe that’s why I can never find anything in there!
Check out some of the sites and pages that I found about the “things in your bag!”
Natasha MR What’s Actually in Your Bag Right Now? – from the Hairpin
Flickr Group: What’s in Your Bag?
What’s in Your Bag? A Tumblr Blog
What’s in His/Her Bag? A website
What’s in Your Bag? A website
Mya Williams: Ladies, Let’s See What’s in Your Handbag! A blog post
Watch the video: What’s in My Purse!
What’s in your bag/purse? Let me know in the comments section!
Brynne’s Daily Drawing #07